- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and set aside.
- Cut a cross-hatch pattern into the top of the bread by slicing ½-inch grid lines into the bread, stopping about ¼-inch from the bottom of the bread so that it stays together. Place the bread on the piece of foil that has been sprayed.
- Stir together the melted butter and garlic.
- Gently separate the bread with your fingers, sprinkle the shredded cheese down into the bread. There will be a lot of cheese, so try to push down as much as you can in between all of the crevices in the bread.
- Pour melted garlic butter over cheese and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake until the cheese is completely melted, bubbling and bread edges are lightly toasted, don’t let brown. Bake about 25 minutes.
(Recipe and photo courtesy of the Great Harvest Bread Company in Cary, NC)